According to Natural News, lead, a metal found in natural deposits, is commonly used in household plumbing materials and water service lines. The greatest exposure to lead is swallowing or breathing in lead paint chips and dust.
But lead in drinking water can also cause a variety of adverse health effects. In babies and children, exposure to lead in drinking water above the action level can result in delays in physical and mental development, along with slight deficits in attention span and learning abilities. In adults, it can cause increases in blood pressure. Adults who drink this water over many years could develop kidney problems or high blood pressure.
Lead is rarely found in source water but enters tap water through corrosion of plumbing materials. Homes built before 1986 are more likely to have lead pipes, fixtures and solder. The most common problem is with brass or chrome-plated brass faucets and fixtures which can leach significant amounts of lead into the water, especially hot water.
For more information, log onto:
Congress enacted the Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act on January 4, 2011, to amend Section 1417 of the Safe Drinking Water Act regarding the use and introduction into commerce of lead pipes, plumbing fittings or fixtures, solder and flux. The Act established a prospective effective date of January 4, 2014, which provided a three-year time frame for affected parties to transition to the new requirements.
On August 16, 2012, the EPA held a public webinar with external stakeholders to discuss the Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act and the potential ramifications that this change of legislation may have. Participants included public utilities, government agencies, plumbing manufacturers, plumbing retailers and trade associations.
To see some fascinating and interesting clips regarding the horrifying truth about the issue of lead in drinking water and more, one can easily log onto:
Herbal Cures from Around the World – Just Enter Name!
Expert Articles 2014
- The Allopathic Brainwash: Vaccines for Infectious Diseases, “Everything’s genetic” and “Humans are born weak and without an immune system”
- National Geographic, WebMD and Wikipedia – three fraudulent “encyclopedia” style information presenters that are backed (and controlled) by Big Pharma and Biotech industries
- World Wide March Against Monsanto a HUGE SUCCESS, despite complete mass media blackout
- the WHOLE REASON the vaccine industry doesn’t want anyone knowing vaccines screw up the gastrointestinal tract
- USA globalists to thwart their own fake ISIS attack on American soil (satire)
- Johnson & Johnson required to pay family $50 million for child victim of Motrin overdose!
Blogs I Follow